This where you discover what you’re passionate about – and become prepared to do it. No matter what “IT” is. This is the University of New Mexico – a place built to empower and inspire people to work together, and to create new thinking. By fearlessly mixing things up - across disciplines, cultures and student-faculty divides. By teaching thoughtful, sustainable designing and building, and doing world-altering, occasionally impossible-seeming research. And by providing you with the kind of foundational learning that you can build a future on. This is where you can explore thousands of paths to hundreds of degrees that lead to countless career possibilities - and “IT” - the one that’s right for you.
We’re Here to Find Answers
UNM is a “Highest Research Activity” doctoral university, and we share that with only 130 other institutions in the nation. But we don’t do breakthrough research for the accolades, we do it because that’s what we’re supposed to do. We exist to create opportunities for you, so you can help us fuel new thinking, improve the quality of life for people everywhere and be a source of true innovation. Join us and choose from 94 undergraduate majors across 12 colleges & schools. Customize your education through our Honors College, study abroad, and National Student Exchange programs, as well as flexible majors that let you craft your degree to fit your interests.
We are a community of unique perspectives embracing our differences. We are a culture of contrast, not a contrast of cultures. Unafraid to let our colors run and blend and let the very things that divide us become the things that unite us. Here you will find 400 student clubs and organizations, on a campus a mile above sea level, in a city that is simultaneously cosmopolitan and soulful, urban and rural, just around the corner from ordinary – and a stone’s throw from the monumental Sandia Mountains. This is one of the country’s premier places to get moving outdoors, and our Getaway Adventure program will help you start living the LoboLife.
Visit the University of New Mexico Admissions website for more information about starting life as a Lobo.
Summer & Fall Freshman Application Deadline: May 1
- The application will open August 1 and remain open until June 1. Applications received after the deadline will be considered based on space-availability. All applicants will receive notification from UNM on a rolling basis.
Required Application Materials
Please submit the following items to apply to UNM:
- Coalition Application
- Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Official high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- Official standardized test scores including ACT or SAT
- Net Price Calculator
- In 2019-2020, 93% of The University of New Mexico's Main Campus full-time beginning undergraduates received grant/scholarship aid.
- Total Cost of Attendance Living On-Campus (includes estimates of tuition, fees, room & board, books/supplies, transportation and miscellaneous):
2021-2022 NM Residents: $25,048 / year
2021-2022 Non-NM Residents: $41,776 / year