Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
Rensselaer is re-inventing higher education in science, technology, engineering, and math. We are the first technological research university in the U.S. and the next wave of new. Rensselaer is located in Troy, New York—a thriving city within the state’s Tech Valley.
Rensselaer is committed to providing an education that produces graduates known for their intellectual agility, multicultural sophistication, and global view.
Connections between Rensselaer's five schools continually spur discovery across 41 undergraduate majors. Across all majors, more than 70 percent of undergraduate students participate in research.
- School of Architecture
- Lally School of Management
- School of Engineering
- School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- School of Science
With more than 60 percent of undergraduates living on campus, Rensselaer offers a large and vital residential community. Living in a residence hall gives you the opportunity to live with and interact with a wide variety of people. We hope the residence hall becomes a community supportive of each student's endeavors to learn both in and out of the classroom.
Rensselaer is home to more than 200 clubs and organizations, offering students opportunities to immerse themselves in activities outside the classroom. More than 80 percent of students take part in intramurals, club sports, or intercollegiate athletic programs.
Please visit Rensselaer's Admissions Website for more information.
- Early Decision I: November 1
- Early Action: December 1
- Early Decision II: December 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
Required Application Materials
- High School Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
- Test Scores (SAT or ACT score optional):
- SAT Institutional Code: 2757
- ACT College Code: 2866
- TOEFL Institutional Code : 2757 (international applicants only)
- $70 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Portfolio (if required)
- Early Decision Agreement Form (if required)
All undergraduate students (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents) seeking admission are automatically considered for Rensselaer merit-based awards. Both the CSS Profile and FAFSA are required for need-based aid consideration.
- Net Price Calculator
- Graduation Rate: 83% (six-year)
- % of Students who Receive Financial Aid: 89%
- % of Students who Graduate with No Loan Debt: 35%
- Total Cost of Attendance: $77,763 (2021-22)
- Average Financial Aid Award: $41,486 (first-year students entering '17-'18)
Please visit our Financial Aid Website for more information.
- The Arch
- Visit Campus
- Enjoy Troy
- High School Preparation
- International Applicants
- Accelerated & Combined Programs