Be a Spartan
Michigan State University Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways. Together we tackle some of the world’s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better.
The nation’s pioneer land-grant university, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world.
- We offer 200 programs across 17 colleges, along with unrivaled opportunities for students to pursue undergraduate research.
- With 275 programs in 70 countries, Spartans explore the world and return with powerful new perspectives.
- One of the nation's oldest and most prestigious Honors Colleges.
- See our latest top rankings.
Life at MSU
MSU's campus is big. But once you're here you'll learn it's like a small city with dynamic neighborhoods where you'll feel right at home.
- Explore housing options and learn about MSU's five distinct residential neighborhoods.
- Once voted as one of the friendliest cities in America, East Lansing is a vibrant, classic college town. Tree-lined streets dotted with patios, cafes, live music, shops and galleries complement the energy of campus.
- Balance your academic life with your social life with one of the largest intramural programs in the country, more than 900 clubs and organizations, an outstanding arts community and big-time athletic events.
Come experience campus for yourself!
Please see the MSU Admissions website for more information.
Before you apply
Applications for admission are available at admissions.msu.edu as well as through the Coalition Application and Common Application. MSU has no preference for one type of application over another, but it’s important that you submit only one per admissions cycle.
Please visit admissions.msu.edu for complete details about how to submit your application.
Dates and deadlines
Early Action (non-binding)
- Submit a complete application by November 1
- Receive a response no later than January 15
- Submit a complete application by February 1
- Receive a response no later than March 31
After February 1, Michigan State will continue to accept undergraduate applications as long as space is still available.
How to apply
- Submit an application online
- Send official high school transcripts
- Send official test scores (ACT or SAT)
Fewer than half of undergraduates leave MSU in debt - 25 percent better than the national average.
- Net Price Calculator
- Need-based Aid
- Merit-based Scholarships
- Student Employment
- Return on Investment